Amentum Supports Nation’s Leaders on Executive Airlift Program
On the Executive Airlift (EA) Maintenance Services contract, Amentum provides fixed wing aircraft maintenance activities and back shop support on all assigned commercial-derivative aircraft of the 89 Airlift Wing (AW), located at Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Maryland. Amentum ensures the safe and timely transportation of 89 AW customers worldwide which include the President of the United States, the Vice President, Cabinet officials, members of congress, combatant commanders and other senior military, civilian, and foreign leaders. This is a 24-hour a day, 7-day a week (24/7), no fail, high expectation, global mission. The 89 AW, as well as their customers, count on these services to provide world-class airlift services.
We deliver a team of highly mission qualified maintenance personnel capable of executing unequaled worldwide EA maintenance support that is safe, reliable, comfortable, connected and protected from mission tasking to mission return. This includes all equipment, tools, and vehicles, not government provided, to meet the EA mission requirements. Additionally, we support limited (specialist) on-equipment and off-equipment (back shop) aircraft maintenance support for the Presidential Airlift Group (PAG) and the 316 WG assigned aircraft (Helicopter Fleet). Primary requirements support C-32A, C-37A, C-37B, and C-40B aircraft. Secondary requirements support VC-25A, C-32A, and UH-1N helicopters.
Executive Airlift is the follow-on contract to the USAF Very Important Person Special Airlift Mission (VIPSAM) program supporting the 89 AW that Amentum, under its legacy company DynCorp International, has held since 2001.
- Received the following ratings on our Sept. 2019-Aug. 2020 Contractor Performance Assessment Report (CPAR):
- Quality – Very Good
- Schedule – Exceptional
- Management – Exceptional
- Business Relations – Exceptional
- Managed $8.1M in Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) with zero accountability errors.
- Maintained a 99.2% satisfactory rating between September 2018 and August 2019, an improvement of .2% year-over-year in a continuing effort to achieve 100% satisfaction.
- Aggressive safety program resulting in a 2020 Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) of 0.49 and 0 Days Away from Work, Days of Restricted Work Activity, Days of Jobs Transfer (DART).
- 100% of our aircraft mechanics hold an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001-compliant, to include AS9110C.
- FAA Diamond Award recipient 19 years running.
- We supported four Change of Command ceremonies under the auspice of the 89 AW: May 2019, June 2019 (x2), and July 2019. We supported the Secretary of the Air Force’s farewell in May 2019 and the retirement ceremony for Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in July 2019.
- Specialized artisans manufactured 460 special purpose items and repaired another 239 special items to maintain the highest quality and aesthetics of the Presidential Airlift Group fleet.
- Accomplished 38 aircraft inspections in 2020, with 24 of 29 ISO inspections completed early.
- Customer feedback: from a total of 712 feedback forms with 2,848 possible markings last year, we received a remarkable 99.2% satisfactory rate from our customers!
- AGE Flight achieved a 100 % Maintenance Scheduling Effectiveness Rate with an impressive 95% powered/92% non-powered In-commission Rate, ensuring equipment availability to support demanding mission requirements across two wings and NAOC at Joint Base Andrews.
- We supported 2,710 sorties and 8,261 flying hours in 2020 with four different MDS
- Our Amentum QA Team completed 7,397 inspections last performance period with 6,938 rated Pass, culminating in a 94% pass rate.
- We supported numerous off-station aircraft recoveries. The Aircraft Branch did an exceptional job of assembling and dispatching MRT personnel to several locations around the globe, to include dispatching MRTs to Nellis AFB on less than 6 hours’ notice to correct a faulty monitoring unit, and to Oman to diagnose a cabin fumes issue and make rapid repairs, returning the aircraft to airworthy status for travel back to the U.S.
- Our Aircraft Inspection Section was instrumental in improving aircraft availability, turning aircraft one to two days ahead of schedule to support “Top Five” Distinguished Visitor missions, aircrew training and providing aircraft to contractors for aircraft upgrade/mods.
- An Air National Guard F-15C on a homeland defense mission diverted into JBA due to an in-flight emergency and skidded off the runway significantly damaging the aircraft. The aircraft was assigned to the North American Aerospace Defense Command’s Operation Noble Eagle homeland alert mission. The aircraft was carrying live munitions. Our CDDAR team was activated and the team did a superb job with its recovery operations. They had the aircraft removed from the airfield in minimum time.
- American detainees freed from North Korea: Our EA professional maintainers generated two aircraft (primary and backup) in May 2018 to fly to North Korea to bring home three American detainees being held for alleged anti-state activities.
- As America mourned the death of Congressman and Civil Rights leader, John Lewis, the EA team received laudatory comments for converting a C-32 aircraft to a casket configuration like we did for Sen John McCain’s funeral. We transported the body of Congressman Lewis and family member from Atlanta to D.C. for his body to lay in state at the Capital.
- In 2018, we prepared aircraft for President Bush’s State Funeral, to include preparing the back-up aircraft to transport the President’s body and 4 additional aircraft to transport former presidents and President Bush’s family. We cleaned and prepared the hangar for Secret Service operations and included light carts to illuminate the area after dark.
- Amentum’s Communications and Public Relations worked with us to produce a news article for Quad-A highlighting how our maintenance team supported the Executive Airlift mission during COVID-19.
- The Fabrication shop at JBA had a novel task during the beginning of the pandemic. The base needed masks to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and Executive Airlift program answered the challenge:
- They stepped up and produced 1,500 lifesaving masks for Joint Base Andrews mission essential personnel
- Gen (Sel) Rebecca Sonkiss, 89 AW/CC, stated “Team SAM Fox, taking care of each other! From reupholstering seats to manufacturing masks in two days…I’m proud of our Amentum partners.”
- Contract departure reliability rate for 2020: 98.3 percent
- Contract mission capable rate for 2020: 90.1 percent
- Local departure reliability rate for 2020: 99.3 percent
- COR pass rate for 2020: 92.6 percent