Advancing the Mission of the Most Efficient Aerospace System in the World, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for Over Two Decades
For over 20 years, the FAA has turned to Amentum to implement Environmental Task Orders at their world class research environment, the William J. Hughes FAA Technical Center. In order to support long-term sustainment and the mission to deliver NextGen operational capabilities, the FAA needed new environmental remediation systems, as well as infrastructure planning and management, design, modernization support and construction of a new data repository.
To that end, the Amentum team operates two groundwater treatment systems and implements numerous remedial action solutions supporting the FAA Environmental Program. We are now implementing the world’s largest thermal project that will reduce the Area D cleanup timeline by 90%. We also designed and now maintain the FAA Environmental Program National Data Repository built upon advanced geospatial technologies.
- 22 years without a lost-time injury
- Reducing site closure timeline from over 20 years to under 3 through the implementation of a Thermal Conductive Heating (TCH) as a final solution
- Construction of a $25M Central Treatment Plant and delivering significant cost savings for the FAA
- Realizing a $170K Annual Operational Savings resulting from an expert Optimization Study
- Building and managing a Data Repository allowing FAA users across the world easy access to analytical and electronic data