The U.S. Department of State (DoS) Africa Peacekeeping Program (AFRICAP) promotes stability by enhancing the capacities of African countries and regional organizations to prevent, manage, and resolve conflicts.
Since 2003, Amentum, under its legacy company PAE, has successfully implemented 150 DoS AFRICAP task orders, performing as the procurement services agent responsible for full lifecycle supply chain logistics, including air, sea, and ground transportation; freight handling, warehousing, distribution, and sustainment; and training, mentoring and capacity building in 33 African countries.
Under AFRICAP II, Amentum was awarded 83 distinct task orders in 22 sub-Saharan African countries, drawing on its extensive strategic supply networks, comprising more than 300 distinct vendors from the U.S. and more than 35 countries in Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Amentum’s core expertise in procurement, logistics and inventory management resulted in the award of sequential task orders to secure vehicles, equipment, food, and medical supplies while maintaining ISO-certified trading, storage, and distribution operations, along with onsite inspections of vendor facilities and equipment prior to shipping.
- Received ISO 22000:2005 and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System (HACCP) certifications for compliance with trading, storage, and distribution of food products based on superior dry food management storage system
- Delivered high-quality, flexible, rapid, and cost-efficient solutions resulting in the award of 72 percent of AFRICAP task orders
- Simultaneously and routinely managed multiple task orders across complex, remote, and conflict-prone geography, including sub-Saharan Africa
- Overcame potential critical supply shipments during Ebola outbreak in West Africa by leveraging its expertise in port entries, shifting trans-shipment points at critical junctures
- Deployed innovative solutions, such as designing and constructing a concrete manufacturing camp to solve local sourcing challenges and complete multiple projects within the period of performance