WRM III continues 10+ year legacy of providing material to U.S. deployed forces in conflict zones
The U.S. Air Forces Central (USAFCENT) awarded us the War Reserve Material (WRM) III contract in February 2017 after ten successful years performing on WRM II and the majority of all munitions used in Iraq, Syria, or Afghanistan is first touched by our staff. For the current WRM III award, we primarily provide storage, maintenance, outload, reconstitution, exercise, and contingency logistics support for eight OCONUS locations across the Middle East. We also maintain, repair, and perform minor construction for Government facilities and property that is pre-positioned at one of the eight locations. Pre-positioned tasks include maintaining, repairing, storing, and shipping items such as base expeditionary sets, vehicles, fuel-related equipment, generators, medical materials, munitions, and aerospace ground equipment.
Amentum, through its legacy company DynCorp International, successfully performed on the previous contract, WRM II, for ten years before the WRM III IDIQ was awarded.
- The majority of all munitions used in Iraq, Syria, or Afghanistan is first touched by our staff on the WRM III contract
- Maintains 128 WRM III SOPs and 221 Work Instructions over the last 11 years
- Exceeds 90% readiness (97% average as of October 2020), 95% inventory accuracy rates, and 93.75% vehicle in-commission rate despite COVID lockdown
- Achieved 100% on-time required delivery of all WRM tasks in FY20 over 50% of which occurred during lockdown conditions created by the pandemic
- Led the conversion to Theater Integrated Combat Munitions System (TICMS) and completed the land swap on Al Udeid Air Base between Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and AFCENT on schedule and at no additional cost without impacting the mission. Our timely exchange used existing resources and allowed DLA’s Regional Center to start operations on schedule.
- Over $5.7M de-obligated and over $4.5M in cost savings/avoidance in FY20 due to effective cost controls