Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division; NSWC Carderock Division: Designing the Future Navy: Design, Prototyping, and Reverse Engineering
Amentum offers full-service, product life-cycle support with vertically integrated design, development, and sustainment, featuring systems and reverse engineering, rapid prototyping, integration, test and evaluation, field installation and maintenance, and component repair and refurbishment services. We have designed and fabricated Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs), pressure vessels, and submersible scale models for the U.S. Navy. Amentum also designed and manufactured the Linear Demolition Charge System (LDCS) for use on U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps Assault Breacher Vehicles (ABVs) and the Lighting Kit, Motion Detector (LKMD) Unattended Ground Sensor (UGS) system for the U.S. Army.
We also provide legacy electronics depot-level repair, refurbishment, and re-utilization services for a wide variety of computers, processors, display consoles, and peripheral devices used by the U.S. Navy and Foreign Military Sales customers. Our expertise was leveraged to reverse-engineer a critical video camera assembly and establish Amentum as a qualified source of supply and depot repair. Related competencies include Material Condition Assessments and on-site technical assistance for ships and shore sites (CONUS and OCONUS).
- Fully equipped machine shop with Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) mills and lathes, cable and wiring harness fabrication facility, and electronics and electro-mechanical integration facility.
- Cable and wiring harness fabrication capability certified to IPC/WHMA-A-620, and IPC/EIA J-STD-001 standards. This capability was used to produce specialized electrical interface cables and wiring harnesses.
- 8,000 square feet of dedicated laboratory space with 1088 Amp, 440 Volt, and 400Hz electrical power and 55-ton cooling capability with a closed-loop chilled-water system.
- The program is certified to ISO 9001:2015 (quality) and ISO 14001:2015 (environmental) standards.
- Amentum reverse-engineered the AN/ SLQ-48 Mine Neutralization System (MNS) video camera assembly and delivered 58 units to the Navy ahead of schedule.
- Amentum used reverse- and value-engineering solutions to address component obsolescence challenges. The following legacy systems benefited from these initiatives: RD-358A, AN/UYQ-21, A/N UYK-7, A/N SLQ-48, and A/N UYH-3.
- Amentum delivered a total of 11,848 legacy units, sub-assemblies, and LRUs on over 300 delivery orders.
- Designed and manufactured the Linear Demolition Charge System (LDCS) for the Assault Breacher Vehicle (ABV).
- Designed and manufactured the Lighting Kit, Motion Detector (LKMD) Unattended Ground Sensor (UGS) system.
- Machinists have expertise with a wide range of materials including aluminum, steel, brass, titanium, fiberglass, plastics, and composites.