Thanks to Amentum’s partnership with Make-A-Wish Mid Atlantic, this year’s Operation Dream Maker was a tremendous success. Amentum helped raise $183,000 and we were able to grant over 20 wishes to military families during Operation Dream Maker for the first quarter of the fiscal year (9/1/22 – 11/30/22). Together, we were able to lift some of the burdens these families may have faced during the holiday season and spread joy.
“Thank you for giving hope, joy and respite to children battling critical illnesses and their families,” said Lesli Creedon, Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic President and CEO.
This is a great achievement for both Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic and Amentum. With a 3rd of Amentum’s employees being veterans, this is a cause that is very close to our hearts. Amentum looks forward to a continued partnership with Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic and supporting Operation Dream Maker.
- 4 wishes to go on a tropical vacation
- 7 wishes to go to Disney World or Orlando area theme parks
- 1 wish to be a medieval knight
- 1 wish to be a marine biologist
- 1 wish to go to go to the Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix
- 2 wishes to have a camper
- 3 wishes for backyard playsets
- 2 wishes to have a puppy
- 1 wish to have a room makeover
- 1 wish to have a shopping spree
- 1 wish to have at-home recording equipment
- 1 wish to go to Yosemite National Park
Founded in 1980, Make-A-Wish has granted hundreds of thousands of life-changing wishes to children battling critical illnesses. For these children, a wish come true can be a crucial turning point in their lives. A wish can be that spark that helps these children believe that anything is possible and gives them the strength to fight harder against their illnesses.
In February 2021, Amentum partnered with the Make-A-Wish foundation to launch Operation Dream Maker, a program through Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic to fund wishes for children of military families. Military families in the Washington, D.C. area can use this initiative to request a wish.