- September 22, 2020
- Posted by: Jason Dombrowski
Caterpillar Inc.: Critical Technical Services for Heavy Industrial Manufacturing Infrastructure and Production Equipment
Amentum began an enterprise-wide Integrated Facility Management (IFM) contract sixteen years ago with Caterpillar. Within 18 months of deploying IFM services, Amentum was asked to provide direct production maintenance services on Caterpillar’s assembly and production line assets.
Since then, our team provides both facility and production maintenance management and execution across their portfolio and business units. Our team executes maintenance and technical services including preventive and predictive maintenance, asset reliability services, project management, hard/soft facility services, capital projects, data-analysis, procurement support, call center services, as well as direct R&D support.
The success of the IFM project has been a combination of partnership and innovation focused on cost savings while extending the life cycle of Caterpillar’s buildings and critical assets.
Today, Amentum has 600+ personnel providing support across the Caterpillar portfolio.
- Client Global Technical Service provider for 15 years servicing 60+ facilities
- $100M+ in savings to Caterpillar over the life of the contract
- $6M+ in reliability and uptime execution savings
- Responsible for maintenance management and technical services in nearly all facets of client facilities: production facilities, logistics distribution, R&D facilities, commercial offices, and utilities.
- Received five-year extension in 2019 for the global contract