- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: Jason Dombrowski
NPES: Delivering Cutting-Edge Electronics to the Submarine Fleet with Naval Information Warfare Center
Amentum provides fielding support for submarine electronics systems. Tasking includes submarine new construction testing; submarine modernization support; Engineering Change Instruction development; Fleet Technical Assistance; and Integrated Logistics Support. Our technicians have experience with the Navy’s innovative Submarine Warfare Federation of Tactical Systems, an open architecture “system of systems” that allows for effective and efficient operation and modernization of submarine command, control, communication, computers, collaboration, and intelligence (C5I) systems.
- Amentum conceptualized, prototyped, designed, developed, and maintains the Interactive Test Procedure (ITP) program. ITP provides an automated quality assurance method to conduct ship system testing. Efficiencies provided by ITP save an estimated $725K per submarine delivery (government estimate).
- To date, Amentum has developed over 2,550 electronics test procedures; our technical support is critical to the submarine force’s ability to deliver two submarines per year to meet fleet demands.
- To date, we have developed over 2,550 CWITT/NPES test procedures; its technical support is critical to the submarine force’s ability to deliver two submarines per year to meet fleet demands.
- Amentum established a Software Support Activity that provides Submarine Broadcast Authority administration, maintenance, and training. We support the development of the follow-on Information Screening and Delivery Subsystem (ISDS).
- Amentum opened, equipped, and staffed two new warehouses this year, in critical submarine locations, allocating trucks and forklifts from other parts of the company to support the warehouses. This cost avoidance is estimated at $45K.