CTRIC II: Securing the Future Against Chemical, Biological, & Nuclear Threats
Amentum brings decades of experience promoting security by eliminating threats. We supported the Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program to eliminate weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in the former Soviet Union, and their means of delivery. Since its inception, CTR has extended assistance to governments worldwide in eliminating WMDs.
Through ongoing contracts with the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), we help dismantle weapon delivery systems, eliminate nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons infrastructure, and enhance the capabilities of CTR partner nations’ land and maritime border security forces to detect and interdict WMD trafficking.
- Managed over 100 local subcontractors in 15 different countries on 46 separate DTRA CTR projects since 1994 (combined revenues in excess of $1.6B)
- Zero injuries on multiple task orders since the beginning of 2015
- Eliminated or dismantled five types of strategic weapons, including all components of the SS-24 and SS-25 missile systems in Russia and Ukraine, complying with international treaties such as the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty
- Designed, procured, installed, tested and commissioned a multi-platform/multi-sensor border surveillance system along 190 KM of the Tunisia-Libya border
- Completely eliminated the declared Albanian Chemical Agent stockpile
- Refurbished an existing coal-powered electrical plant in a closed city in Siberia to enable shut-down of the last two plutonium breeder reactors in Russia
- Designed, built and transferred a state-of-the-art bio-containment laboratory in Kazakhstan